Department of Chemistry
University of Waterloo
B.Sc.(Honours), University of Alberta, 1969
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 1973
PDF, University of Alberta (Paul Kebarle), 1973-74
Publications (full list)
- J.L. Burkell, T.D. Fridgen and T.B. McMahon, Gas-Phase Acidities and Sites of Deprotonation of 2-Ketones and Structures of the Corresponding Enolates, Int. J. Mass Spectrom.
- T.D. Fridgen and T.B. McMahon, Enthalpy Barriers for Assymetric SN2 Alkyl Cation Transfer Reactions Between Neutral and Protonated Alcohols, J. Phys. Chem. A. (submitted for publication, August 2002, #JP026818J).
- B. Bogdanov and T.B. McMahon, Structures, Thermochemistry, and Infrared Spectra of Chloride Ion-Fluorinated Acetone Complexes and Neutral Fluorinated Acetones in the Gas Phase: Experiment and Theory, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. 219, 593-613 (2002).
- G. Bouchoux, D. Defaye, T. McMahon, O. Mó and M.Yáñez, Structural and Energetic Aspects of the Protonation of Phenol, Catechol, Resorcinol and Hydroquinone. Chem. Eur. J. 8, 2900 – 2909 (2002).
- T.D. Fridgen and T.B. McMahon, Experimental Determination of Activation Energies for Gas Phase Ethyl and n-Propyl Transfer Reactions. J. Phys. Chem. A. (JP013874W, ASAP March 30th, 2002, set for publication Oct. 24th, 2002).
- T.D. Fridgen and T.B. McMahon, Binding Energies of Proton-Bound Ether/Alcohol Mixed Dimers Determined by FTICR Radiative Association Kinetics Measurements. J. Phys. Chem. A. 106 , 1576 – 1583 (2002).
- G. van der Rest, J. Chamot-Rooke, P. Mourgues, T.B. McMahon and H.E. Audier, Ter-Body Intermediates in the Gas Phase: Reaction of Ionized Enols with tert-Butanol. J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 12, 938-947 (2001).