The Department of Philosophy welcomes donations from groups and individuals to support our educational and research goals. In recent years, from generous donations we have received, the department has been able to honor our outstanding students through our annual Philosophy Awards, and also to fund travel for graduate students, enabling them to present their research at professional conferences.
If you would like to discuss ways of supporting our students, research, and outreach projects, please contact Dave DeVidi, Chair of the Department of Philosophy, or the the Faculty of Arts' Director of Advancement, Kim Bardwell for details.
How to donate
To support the Department of Philosophy:
- Visit the UWaterloo Support page
- Select payment method
- Select your Waterloo Affiliation, your gift type, and the amount you wish to give
- Under ‘What area would you like to support?' choose 'Other Faculty/College or University Projects' from drop down menu
- Under 'Area of Giving', you have two choices:
- To support a Faculty of Arts priority project, choose 'Faculty of Arts' from drop down menu under Area of Giving, then under 'Project (Fund)' choose your preferred Arts priority project from drop down menu
- To support another fund/project, choose ‘Other Projects’ from drop down menu under Area of Giving, then under 'Project (Fund)' type in the name of the award, scholarship or department you wish to support