Professor (Canada Research Chair in Philosophy and Cognitive Science)
Areas of Interest
Philosophy and Cognitive Science
For a complete list of publications, see my publications page.
- Turri, J. (2016). Knowledge and the norm of assertion: an essay in philosophical science. Cambridge: Open Book Publishers.
- Turri, J. (in press). Compatibilism and incompatibilism in social cognition. Cognitive science.
- Turri, J., & Blouw, P. (2015). Excuse validation: a study in rule-breaking. Philosophical studies, 172(3), 615–634.
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
- 2015-20: SSHRC Insight Grant
- 2012-17: Ontario Early Researcher Award
- 2011-15: SSHRC Standard Research Grant
- Experimental philosophy
- Social cognition
- Medical epistemology
Member, Cognitive Science Program
Member, College of the Royal Society of Canada
University of Waterloo