Courses at Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU)
- Students may take a maximum of 10 term course by cross-registration with WLU.
- Courses taken at WLU will appear on UW records as graded courses but the grades attained will not be included in average calculations. Credit will only be granted for grades of 60% (C-) or better.
- Normally only PSCI courses not offered at UW will be approved for cross registration with WLU.
- Cross registration at Laurier is also available from the Registrar's office.
- Approval is required from the Political Science Undergraduate Associate Chair.
- Please check the Wilfrid Laurier University Political Science course offerings for more course information. Wilfrid Laurier University Distance Education info is available.
Courses at other universities
- Students who have completed a minimum of four University of Waterloo term courses and are in good standing may apply for a Letter of Permission to take up to a maximum of five units at another university (including courses taken at WLU).
- Transfer students please note: the maximum number of transfer credits which can be granted by the Faculty of Arts is ten units. This total includes up to five units taken by cross registration.
- Please submit completed Letter of Permission, with descriptions of the proposed courses, to the Undergraduate Associate Chair for approval.
- There is a $25.00 processing fee, payable to the Registrar's office.
- It is the student's responsibility to arrange for admission to the host university, and to order an official transcript from the host university upon completion of the course.
- Credit (CR) will be granted for grades of 60% (C-) or better. Courses taken on Letter of Permission will appear as External Transfers on the student's grade report or official transcript and will not be included in average calculations.