- Eligibility Membership is available to all University of Waterloo Support Staff whose appointment is to exceed four months and is not represented by a union.
- Staff working at Affiliated Colleges are not eligible for UWSA membership.
Why become a member?
- The University of Waterloo Staff Association (UWSA) has been the voice of staff since 1975.
- Members have full voting privileges on matters brought before the general membership for a vote and are eligible to serve on the UWSA board of directors (board).
- The UWSA has experience working for and with Waterloo staff.
- The UWSA works with Waterloo's Senior Administration on policies that govern staff employment, benefits, compensation, and other organizational issues.
- If a staff member is experiencing difficulties or challenges on campus, the UWSA has qualified and experienced staff that can help improve the situation.
- There are corporate partner and local business discounts for UWSA members.
How to become a member
We encourage you to join with your fellow Waterloo staff who are members of your association: University of Waterloo Staff Association.
It's simple! Complete the Membership Application (PDF) and return the form to the UWSA Administrative Assistant: Catherine Bolger, Davis Centre, Room 3603.
Members will receive a welcome package through intra-campus mail and be sent a membership card by email with the subject line, "Your [YEAR] UWSA membership card".