- Membership is available to all University of Waterloo Support Staff who are assigned a USG grade with the exception of those positions listed in the Memorandum of Agreement Section 2.1.2 and who are not considered Members.
- Effective October 28, 2022, employees who meet the definition of Staff as per Memorandum of Agreement Section 2.1.2 pay dues when they are new hires as per MOA Section 2.7.5. As stated in 2.6.1, this agreement does not change the rights of Staff hired before the signing date of this agreement to become Members and pay the associated dues, or resign membership in the Association
- Staff working at Affiliated Colleges are not eligible for UWSA membership.
Why become a member?
- The University of Waterloo Staff Association (UWSA) has been the voice of staff since 1975.
- Members have full voting privileges on matters brought before the general membership for a vote and are eligible to serve on the UWSA board of directors (board).
- The UWSA has experience working for and with Waterloo staff.
- The UWSA works with Waterloo's Senior Administration on policies that govern staff employment, benefits, compensation, and other organizational issues.
- If a staff member is experiencing difficulties or challenges on campus, the UWSA has qualified and experienced staff that can help improve the situation.
- There are corporate partner and local business discounts for UWSA members.
- Members are eligible to apply to sit on UWSA and UW level committees.
How to become a member
We encourage you to join with your fellow Waterloo staff who are members of your association: University of Waterloo Staff Association.
Complete the Membership Application form. Members will receive a welcome confirmation email, and be sent a membership card by email with the subject line, "Your [YEAR] UWSA membership card".