For University announcements and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
What’s happening with the WCMS?
Building the Next WCMS site updates
- Check out the updated project timeline to follow all the WCMS 3 updates!
- Information regarding the migration process, as well as some migration FAQs, can be found on the Building the Next WCMS website. A list of the functionality from standard WCMS 2 "FDSU" sites that will and won't ship with the June 29 initial release of WCMS 3 is also listed.
WCMS 3.0 updates
Beta 2 testing – open to campus
As we continue to move development of our new WCMS 3 website environment forward, we would like to invite you to participate in the next part of our testing strategy, the beta 2 testing phase.
What should testers expect?
- Beta 2 websites will be built in the Pantheon environment and will not contain any content
- You may choose to rebuild a WCMS 2 website in WCMS 3
- Alternatively, you may choose to begin building a brand-new website in WCMS 3
- Migration of WCMS 2 websites to WCMS 2 is not supported at this time
- WCMS 3 training notes will not be available during this testing phase
- Websites built during beta 2 testing are eligible to move from development to the live Pantheon environment on or after June 29, 2021
How do I participate in beta 2 testing?
You may submit a request to the WCMS Beta Site Request form.
Further information about our acceptance testing can be found on the WCMS 3 website.
IST co-op training/early rebuild opportunities on beta sites
Our co-ops will soon be starting their WCMS 3 training using our beta platform. As part of this training, we would like to identify "simple" WCMS 2 sites that the co-ops can use as examples to get more hands-on experience with WCMS 3. "Simple" sites in this case would constitute sites:
- That are stock "FDSU" theme in WCMS 2, with no custom modules installed and are not behind authentication; and
- That have 10 pages or less in total
We would welcome people to submit one site per person that fits our criteria for a "simple" site. If you would like to submit a site for this exercise, please submit an RT with:
- A subject line of "WCMS 3 beta training site submission"
- The site name
- The site URL
Sites completed during this exercise could launch to production after June 29 with the approval of the website lead. We will assign sites to our co-ops on a first-come, first-serve basis according to requests in RT.
If you have any questions at all feel free to message Andrea Jennings.
WCMS course offerings
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support. Please reach out to Charlotte Armstrong, via email or Microsoft Teams, to schedule an appointment.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
6 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- Fluid Mechanics Research Laboratory
- Isolde Conference (Conference)
- Nanotechnology (Single page)
- Science Communications
- Waterloo Hearing Lab
- Waterloo-Huawei Joint Innovation Lab
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: