The following resources provide students with the basic resources needed for introductory vision science courses. In your first two years of the program, you will build a base of knowledge in the basic sciences of health, disease, optics and visual sciences. You will also begin to learn clinical techniques and by the end of your second year, you will be able to properly perform a full eye examination.
1st & 2nd year students
- Research Guide: Optometry (a web resource for students completing the Doctor of Optometry program)
- Ocular Pharmacology (list of key pharmacological resources relevant to Optometrists)
- eReference (electronic dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks etc. that are available and relevant to Optometry)
- Finding articles (research databases and indexes that are available and relevant to optometric literature searches)
- Finding books
- RefWorks (Reference management software that allows you to collect and organize your research materials. RefWorks also generates bibliographies and inserts citations in various citation styles. It is available to all uWaterloo students)