Witer Learning Resource Centre services
The Witer Learning Resource Centre (WLRC) provides the following services to uWaterloo School of Optometry and Vision Science alumni (OD) and Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) members.
Electronic resources available to Alumni and COA members through the WLRC
- RxTx (eTherapeutics/eCPS) including mobile app
- Wills Eye Manual
- Manual of Ocular Diagnosis & Therapy
- Optometry & Vision Science (eJournal)
Please contact the WLRC for access (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free Resources through Open Access
In addition to our resources, the Association of Vision Science Libraries provides a current list of:
The University of Waterloo also provides of list of many more OA resources:
Borrowing and research services
Continuing Education (CE) credit sources
The following resources are approved by the Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE).
- Optocase - developed by ophthalmologists and optometrists from Canada, and Australia, this site provides image of condition, etiology, histology and presentation. NOTE: try out one of the free CE case modules to see the management, epidemiology, recent literature components of a case
We strive to provide 2-3 day turnaround assistance but requests may take up to a week.
If you do not wish to submit an online form, other forms of contact include:
- Email the WLRC
- Phone (519) 888-4005 to schedule an in-person consultation