The following are resources provided to the School of Optometry Residents during the Research and Writing Support Workshops.
- Gain practical experience defining their research question or case topic, finding references in support of Evidence Based Practice, patient support, and for scholarly research and presentation.
- Understand their legal and ethical obligations when creating and using information. (copyright/fair use, authorship, citing and evaluating information)
- Use reference management systems to gather and use references.
- Develop writing and communication techniques applied to scholarly research and presentation.
- Develop techniques for effective time management for writing. (Productive Writing Habits)
Workshop Slides and Handouts
Workshop 1 - May 8th 2018
- Workshop Session 1 - Research and Writing for Residents Workshop - May 8th 2018 [Slides] (.pdf)
- Paraphrase & Summary, and Pomodoro Technique [Slides] (.pdf)
- Integrating Sources Workbook: Paraphrase and Summary [Handout] (.pdf)
- Manchester Phrasebank [External Link] (html)
- Pomodoro Technique Timer [External Link] (html)
- Three Read Pass Technique [Handout/External Link] (.pdf)
Workshop 2 - May 15th 2018
- Workshop Session 2 - Research and Writing for Residents Workshop - May 15th 2018 [Slides] (.pdf)
- Author Rights Guide from the Library [External Link] (html)
Workshop 3 - May 22nd 2018
- Workshop Session 3 - Research and Writing for Residents Workshop - May 22nd 2018 [Slides] (.pdf)