Reduced Course Load Tuition Discount
Students who meet the eligibility criteria are now able to receive a 10% discount on their tuition fees. Why? Because students with a full course load automatically receive a discount for their fifth course (2.5 units).
To receive the tuition discount, you must:
- be an undergraduate domestic student (pay domestic tuition fees)
- have a permanent/temporary disability
- have documented accommodation requirements for a reduced course load (registered in 1.0-2.0 academic units per term)
- submit/upload documentation to AccessAbility Services specifying the need for a reduced course load from your registered health care professional.
- be registered with AccessAbility Services
Process for Applying for Tuition Discount
If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, follow Option 1 or Option 2 below:
If the required medical documentation is already on file with AAS, complete the Reduced Course Load Tuition Discount Application Form.
If you need to submit medical documentation to AAS:
- Download and print off our Reduced Course Load Verification Form.
- Make an appointment with your registered health care professional to complete the Reduced Course Load Verification Form.
- Complete the Reduced Course Load Tuition Discount Application Form and upload your completed Reduced Course Load Verification Form.
Apply once and the tuition discount will be applied for this and all subsequent academic terms.
Please complete the "Reduced Course Load Verification Form" each term where a reduced course load is taken as a required documented accommodation.
Note: It can take time to obtain an appointment and obtain appropriate documentation from registered health care professionals. We strongly encourage you to begin this process early. Please note that many physicians will charge for the form to be completed. If you qualify, your qualification status will be shared with Student Awards and Financial Aid on campus to process the tuition discount.
Deadline to apply
Please note that your eligibility for the tuition discount will be considered for the Fall 2019 term if you apply prior to October 22, 2019. If you apply after October 22, 2019, you will be automatically considered for the refund starting in Winter 2020.
DisabilityAwards.ca is a portal to awards and scholarships for students with disabilities studying at Canada's colleges and universities. It is an extensive database of scholarships, bursaries and grants you may be specifically eligible to access for funding.