Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
We have turned on a mail filtering program called SpamAssassin which attempts to "score" incoming mail messages on their spam content.
The program itself does not remove any messages, but it will prefix the subject line of a message that "scores" high on its spam content with the string "*****SPAM*****".
How to cut down on spam
- Go to Email login page and sign in.
- Click on 'Filters' at the top of the page
- Click on the 'Spam Filter' rule
- Set the 'Spam Level', the lower the number the more messages that get tagged as spam
- Now from the drop down list next to 'Folder to receive spam' select the folder you want spam sent to or select 'Create new folder', enter the name of the new folder and click 'OK'
- Click 'Save'
All messages tagged as spam will now be delivered to the folder you selected or created.