The focus of the CIRFE's research activities is on emerging RF technologies. The uniqueness of the CIRFE lies in its ability to integrate various RF technologies and in its wide range of capabilities, which include research, development, modelling, design, fabrication, packaging and testing.
Current Research Interests
- Tunable/Reconfigurable RF Devices
- RF MEMS Technology
- Multiband-Multifunction RF Filters
- CMOS-MEMS Devices for Nano Instrumentation
- Phase Change Material (PCM) Technology
- Integrated Passive Devices (IPD) Technology
- Sensor Technology
Check out OUR ICONS Archives published by Waterloo Engineering
Raafat Mansour’s efforts to secure funding for his research and to act as a catalyst for ideas is helping the next generation of Waterloo entrepreneurs bring their work to market.