Awards and Honours
- Recipient of the 2014 Professional Engineers Ontario Engineering Medal for Research and Development. The medal recognizes association members who use new knowledge in developing useful, novel applications, advance engineering knowledge or applied science, or discovers/extends any of the engineering or natural sciences.
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2001.
- Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC), since 2007.
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE), since 2010.
- University of Waterloo Outstanding Performance Awards 2004, 2012 and 2016.
- Received 14 Best Paper Awards over the past 8 years.
- COM DEV’s Special CEO Award, June 1994 (This is the most prestigious award conferred by COM DEV and is only given occasionally. The citation reads: "In recognition of outstanding performance and dedication on the High Temperature Superconductivity Space Experiment HTSSE Program".
- COM DEV's Achievement Award for Electromagnetic Modelling Techniques, 1991. The citation reads: “Presented to those individuals who have brought to practice, through a combination of ingenuity, hard work, and perseverance, outstanding ideas which have added to our corporate capability and profitability.”
- University of Waterloo Academic Achievement Award, 1987 (Ph.D. Engineering). The citation reads: “Outstanding Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Engineering for 1987 Presented to Raafat R. Mansour for Academic Achievement." Nominated by the Faculty of Engineering for the University of Waterloo Gold Medal Award 1987.
- NSERC PGS-D Scholarship, 1984-1986
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1987 (Declined the award to join COM DEV, Corporate R&D Department)
Best Paper Awards
|1||CWMEMS||2005||M. Daneshmand and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award|
|2||CWMEMS||2005||W. Yan and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award, 2nd Place|
|3||IEEE-IMS||2006||V. Miraftab and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award|
|4||CWMEMS||2007||N. Sarkar and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award, 2nd Place|
|5||IEEE-IMS||2007||G. Coutts, R. R. Mansour and S. Chaudhary||Best Paper Award, 4th Place|
|6||IEEE-IMS||2008||E. Chan and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award, 3rd Place|
|7||CMC-MNRC||2008||N. Sarkar and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award|
|8||IEEE-IMS||2009||A. Fomani and R. R. Mansour||Top 10 Awardees|
|9||IEEE-IMS||2009||M. Memarian and R. R. Mansour||Top 10 Awardees|
|10||EMBC||2010||A. Fomani and R. R. Mansour||Student Paper Finalist|
|11||IEEE-IMS||2011||F. Huang, S. Fouladi and R. R. Mansour||Best Paper Award, 3rd Place|
N. Sarkar, D. Strathearn, G. Lee, M. Olfat,
A. Rohani, B. O'Hanlon and R. R. Mansour
|Outstanding Paper Award|
|13||IEEE-IMS||2016||D. Shojaei-Asanjan and R. R. Mansour||Student Design Competition|
|14||Transducers||2017||N. Sarkar et al.||Outstanding Paper Award|