Congratulations to all those honoured at the Annual Wine and Cheese Gathering!
The gathering began shortly after the launch of 'Themes in Greek Society and Culture,' a book by Christina Vester and Allison Glazebrook. Following the launch, the annual prizes for Classical Studies students were awarded.
The winners of prizes and scholarships for both graduate and undergraduate students were:
- Elizabeth Tennant (The Phyllis Young Forsyth Graduate Scholarship)
- Moira Scully (Anna Ager Memorial Scholarship in Classical Studies)
- Elakkiya Sivakumaran (The Phyllis Young Forsyth Senior Scholarship)
- Brianna Mayo (Classical Studies Scholarship for New Majors)
- Elakkiya Sivakumaran, Xinci Li (The Donald C. Mackenzie Prize in Latin)
- Moira Scully (S. B. P. Haag Junior Greek Language Prize)
- Matt Coleman (The R. L. Fowler Greek Language Prize)
- Zoe Snyder (Classical Studies Prize in Roman History)
- Moira Scully, Zoe Snyder (Classical Studies Prize in Greek History)
- Moira Scully, Caitlin Brast (Classical Studies Prize in Visual/Material Culture)
- Matt Coleman (Classical Studies Companion Prize)
- Matt Coleman (Classical Studies Essay Prize)
- Elizabeth Tennant (Robert L. Porter Book Prize for Academic Achievement)
- Nirosha Rayen (Jacqui Spoth Greek Prize)
- Mackenzie Wallace (Elwin N. Neuru MD Senior Latin Award)
Thank you to all the undergrads, graduates, faculty, staff, and alumni who came out to make the Wine and Cheese such a wonderful event!