The Department of Classical Studies at Waterloo is able to offer some graduate teaching or research assistantships to full-time graduate students who have the appropriate academic standing on completion of their undergraduate work. In addition to these, the Faculty of Arts awards a number of scholarships and bursaries to students with superior records. The minimum requirement for consideration for the University Entrance Scholarship is an overall average of not less than 80% in the final two years or 20 courses in the undergraduate program. Students are automatically considered for these awards when they apply to the graduate program in Classical Studies at the University of Waterloo.
External funding sources
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)($17,500)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)($15,000)
- Commonwealth Scholarship
Waterloo funding sources
- Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships are available to full-time graduate students with appropriate academic standing
- Phyllis Young Forsyth Graduate Scholarship
- The NA Engineering Associates Inc. Research Travel Award in Hellenistic Studies
- President’s Graduate Scholarship (additional $10,000 to OGS and SSHRC recipients)
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships
- Merit (variable)
- University of Waterloo International Master's Student Award
- Graduate Studies Office Research Travel Assistantship
- Graduate Student Maternity or Adoption Bursary
- University of Waterloo Day Care Bursary (awarded by financial need)
Please visit International funding for information pertaining to scholarships and awards.
Please visit International students for information on fees, admissions, and more scholarships.
Please visit Awards & funding for more information on funding for graduate studies at the University of Waterloo.
Please visit Faculty of Graduate Studies for information on funding for graduate studies at Wilfrid Laurier University.