We know from recent research done with over 74,000 work-term job descriptions that employers are looking for students with digital skills that can help them transition the way that they do business. And with COVID-19 continuing to affect every aspect of our daily lives, this need for strong digital skills and an understanding of popular digital platforms has never been more pressing.
To help you develop these highly in-demand skills, we’ve partnered with Microsoft who have generously agreed to provide training and certification content at no cost to UWaterloo students, staff and faculty. This is a great opportunity to advance your skills and receive an industry-recognized certification!
Here’s a look at what you’ll gain from the courses being offered this term:
- Industry-recognized certification in some of the most popular tools used across all sectors
- Access to high-quality online course content developed by Microsoft to prepare you for certification in one of the following areas:
- Microsoft Word (MO-100)
- Microsoft Excel (MO-200)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (MO-300)
- Access to a FREE Microsoft certification exam (if you register for the exam by Friday, May 21)
- A foundation for more advanced training down the road
For any of these courses, you can expect around 40 hours of training and work. There is no cost to complete the courses or certification exam – it's free if you register for the certification exam by Friday, May 21.
Space is limited - Register now!
To sign up, you can self-register on LEARN and search for "Microsoft Certification Preparation" on the list of available courses.
*first come first serve to enroll in the course and take the certification exam for free if you register by May 21*
Key dates to keep in mind:
- May 21: Enroll in the course and register for a certification exam
- July - August: Certification exams
If you have any questions about these courses or how to enroll, please contact WILskills@uwaterloo.ca.