- How does COMPASS benefit you?
- What do you need to do?
- COMPASS questionnaires
- Frequently asked questions
COMPASS is a way for you to generate positive change in your school.
You have a unique opportunity to let your school know how it is doing in terms of providing you with a healthy environment.
When you fill out our survey each year, you allow us to give your school feedback on what programs and policies are working well, where there might be room for improvement, and how we can help your school make positive change.
If your school is doing a good job at promoting healthy lifestyles, we're going to help your school be even better! This can include:
- introducing or improving breakfast/lunch programs
- offering more activities during or after school
- adjusting aspects of the health curriculum
- introducing health related school events
Improving your school requires only 40 minutes of your class time.
On the day the COMPASS survey is administered at your school, you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire during class time. This questionnaire takes about 40 minutes to complete and will ask you questions about:
- healthy eating
- physical activity
- smoking, alcohol, marijuana and opioid use
- how connected you feel to your school
- your mental health
- other background information about yourself
We ask that you take your time filling out the questionnaire and answer the questions as honestly as possible. Only COMPASS staff will see your answers and your answers will remain completely anonymous.
We will use the data from all student questionnaires to give your school feedback about its health-related programs and policies, and make recommendations about what your school can do to provide you with an environment that is even better.