This message was originally sent to employees by James W. E. Rush, Vice-President, Academic & Provost and Charmaine B. Dean, Vice-President, Research and International.
- Domestic travel is now permitted if it essential and safe
- Approvals for domestic travel are returning to pre-pandemic approval arrangements, typically by a Department Head or Chair
We are updating domestic travel guidance and guidance for reimbursement of domestic travel. From today, individuals can travel within Canada for University business and seek reimbursement if the travel is approved by a Department Head or Chair.
Travel inside Canada – including local or national travel for meetings with donors – can resume as long as travelers:
- validate the essential nature of their travel,
- have a safety plan approved,
- get approval from their Department Head, and
- follow local public health guidelines.
Individuals travelling must work with the health and safety coordinator for their unit who will review and approves the safety plan.