This message was originally sent to employees by Sandra Banks, vice-president, University Relations.
Over the last several weeks, we have continued to expand controlled access to the campus for some students and employees. As COVID-19 cases begin to rise again it is as important as ever that all of us in our University community play a part in limiting the spread of the virus, whether we are on campus or not.
We have learned from global public health experts that as the pandemic continues, it is important to move to messaging that reinforces the need to protect the safety of our communities, not just ourselves. Please consider how you can play a role in sharing information and reinforcing safety messaging to our students – and to one another – about ways in which we can protect our community.
To help you, we are sharing some resources that you can use in classes, meetings, in your workspaces, virtual or in person to reinforce safety steps.
We will continue to send messages to students on social media and directly by email from central and faculty teams to reinforce the ideas that we are all Waterloo Warriors, and Warriors protect each other.
Please consider using these messages and documents in your own communications. We’re making these resources available for future reference on the COVID-19 website.
- Welcome Back Waterloo – online guide: our comprehensive online guide for students and employees on safety protocols for COVID-19
- Welcome Back Waterloo – safety video: a two-minute video you can share with students and employees on our safety protocols
- Safety messaging: this document gives you a comprehensive list of safety messages that you can use at any time covering:
- General safety
- Coming to campus
- Study spaces
- Information resources
- Detailed safety messages
- Campus check-in and COVID-Alert
- COVID-19 Safety slide deck: this presentation covers the key safety protocols that you can use in class or meetings
- Safety video script: you can use this script in your own video messages to teams and classes. Please feel free to adapt this script to your needs
- Warriors protect Warriors social media assets: you can use these images in your UWaterloo personal social media accounts to reinforce our safety messages.
- Instagram/Facebook story assets
- Twitter/Facebook image assets