Adjunct Assistant Professor
- BASc ECE, Cairo University, Egypt
- MASc ECE, University of Waterloo – ESA/IMST Grant, Germany
- PhD ECE, University of Waterloo and Georgia Institute of Technology (NSERC-MSFSS)
Select research interests
- Bio-wearable electronics and systems
- Bio-electromagnetics, bio-technology, bio-sensors and energy harvesting systems
- RF/microwave/millimeter wave/Terahertz (THz) circuits and antenna systems
- Radio frequency (RF)/microwave packaging and Electromagnetic compatibility
- (EMC)/Electromagnetic interface (EMI) analyses
- Vehicle and UAV wireless communications, navigation systems, and telematics systems
- Complex propagation and scattering phenomena
- Devices and novel electromagnetic materials and wireless sensors
- Keynote Speaker, Radio Hardware Design and Measurements for the Internet of Things, IEEE International Conference on the Internet of Things, China.
- Keynote Speaker, Next-Generation Printed Electronics, IEEE Loughborough International Antennas and Propagation Conference, United Kingdom.
- Keynote Speaker, An Insight into Antennas for IoT/M2M products, Ambient Intelligence, Canada.
- Invited Speaker, Modeling and Design of a Wireless Hearing Aid Communication System, IEEE Radio Wireless Week, United States of America.
- Invited Speaker, Antenna Design for Smartphones Using Modal/Eigenmode Analysis, IEEE European Conference on Antenna Design and Propagation, EuCAP, France.
- Invited Speaker, Cellular Wireless Energy Harvesting for Powering Wearable Sensors, IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology, iWAT, Greece.
- Google SOLI Alpha Competition Winner
- IEEE Sensors Journal most downloaded Paper
- IEEE Sensors Cover Page of the Year
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society Fellowship
- IEEE Electronic Components and Technology Conference Best Paper Award (Best in Session)
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Research Award
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium Best Paper Award (Top Three)
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium Best Student Paper Award (Honorable Mention, twice)
- IEEE Antenna and Propagation Symposium Best Student Design Team Award (Third Prize)
University of Waterloo