Ladan Tahvildari is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo. She is also a Visiting Scientist with the Centre for Advanced Studies at the IBM Toronto Laboratory, as well as a member of CSER, a Canadian Consortium for Software Engineering Research.
Professor Tahvildari's general research interests are in the field of software engineering, and to date her focus has spanned the areas of software architecture, autonomic computing, security, and software analysis and testing. The underlying theme of her research has been to devise techniques and tools that aid with the construction, analysis, and maintenance of large-scale software systems.. She founded the Software Technologies Applied Research Laboratory (www.stargroup.uwaterloo.ca) at the University of Waterloo in 2004. With her research team, she has published widely on these topics and collaborated extensively with high-tech companies and non-profit organizations to ensure real-world applicability of her research contributions. Various awards have recognized her research accomplishments including prestigious Ontario Early Researcher Award in Canada.
Professor Tahvildari is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering (SIGSOFT), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics (IEEE) and very active in IEEE committees. She has been an elected Member-at-Large (2016-2018) for the IEEE Technical Council of Software Engineering (TCSE), and the 2018 TCSE Awards Chair. She is currently a Member-at-Large of the IEEE Technical Activities Committee (TAC). Professor Tahvildari has been on the program and organizing committees of several international conferences including Publications Chair of ICSE’19 (Montreal) and C0-Chair of ICSME’17 Most Influential Paper Awards (Shanghai). She also has over 10 years of experience as Chair of the IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group, Kitchener-Waterloo Section.
- Software Architecture
- Autonomic Computing
- Software Analysis and Testing
- 2003, Doctorate, Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1998, Master's, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1991, Bachelor's, Computer Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology
- ECE 250 - Algorithms and Data Structures
- Taught in 2016, 2017, 2019
- ECE 658 - Component Based Software
- Taught in 2017
- Eghbali, Sepehr and Tahvildari, Ladan, Test Case Prioritization Using Lexicographical Ordering, , 2016
- Hamdaqa, Mohammad and Tahvildari, Ladan and LaChapelle, Neil and Campbell, Brian, Cultural scene detection using reverse Louvain optimization, Science of Computer Programming, 95, 2014, 44 - 72
- Hamdaqa, Mohammad and Tahvildari, Ladan, Prison Break: A Generic Schema Matching SoluRon to the Cloud Vendor Lock--in Problem, , 2014
- Emami-Taba, Mahsa and Amoui, Mehdi and Tahvildari, Ladan, On the road to holistic decision making in adaptive security, Technology Innovation Management Review, 3(8), 2013
- Hamdaqa, Mohammad and Tahvildari, Ladan, Cloud computing uncovered: a research landscape, Advances in Computers, 86, 2012, 41 - 85