Dr. Mansour is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo and holds Tier 1 - Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Micro-Nano Integrated RF Systems. He held an NSERC Industrial Research Chair (IRC) for two terms (2001-2005) and (2006-2010). Prior to joining the University of Waterloo in January 2000, Dr. Mansour was with COM DEV Cambridge, Ontario, over the period 1986-1999, where he held various technical and management positions in COM DEV’s Corporate R&D Department. Professor Mansour holds 37 US and Canadian patents and more than 380 refereed publications to his credit. He is a co-author of a 23-chapter Book published by Wiley and has contributed 6 chapters to four other books.
Since joining the University of Waterloo in 2000, Professor Mansour has graduated 37 Ph.D, 32 M.Sc students and trained 14 Postdoctoral Fellows. His students hold key positions in academia and industry, including 5 holding faculty positions. Professor Mansour founded the Centre for Integrated RF Engineering (CIRFE) at the University of Waterloo https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-integrated-rf-engineering/. It houses a clean room and a state-of-the-art RF test and characterization laboratory. Professor Mansour has acted as a catalyst for ideas inspiring the next generation of Waterloo entrepreneurs to bring their work to market. Out of research carried out in his research Lab at the University of Waterloo, Professor Mansour and his graduate students co-founded two companies: AdHawk Microsystem http://www.adhawkmicrosystems.com/ and Integrated Circuit Scanning Probe Instruments (ICSPI-Corp) https://www.icspicorp.com/.
Professor Mansour is a Fellow of IEEE, a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE), a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC). He was the recipient of the 2014 Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) Engineering Medal for Research and Development and the 2019 IEEE Canada A.G.L. McNaughton Gold Medal Award.
- Tunable / Reconfigurable Microwave and Millimeter-wave circuits and subsystems
- Filters and Multiplexers
- RF MEMS Technology
- RF Phase Change Material (PCM) Technology
- Microwave and Millimeter-wave Components for 5G Communication Systems
- Superconductive Microwave and Millimeter-wave Devices
- Computer-aided Tuning of Microwave Devices
- Intelligent RF/Microwave Sub-systems
- CMOS-MEMS Nano Instrumentations
- 1987, Doctorate, Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1981, Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, Aim Shams University
- 1977, Bachelor of Science (BSc), Electrical Engineering, Aim Shams University
- Nejad, Saman Nazari and Mansour, Raafat, Development of MEMS Reed Magnetic Sensors, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 52(2), 2016, 1 - 7
- Nejad, Saman Nazari and Mansour, Raafat, A 3-D Finite-Element Analysis of Giant Magnetoimpedance Thin-Film Magnetic Sensors, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 52(1), 2016, 1 - 8
- Fahmi, Mohamed M and Ruiz-Cruz, Jorge A and Mansour, Raafat R, Dual-band ridge waveguide filters for high-selectivity wireless base station applications, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, 2016
- Sarkar, N and Lee, G and Strathearn, D and Olfat, M and Mansour, RR, High Speed, Large Scan Area, Distortion Free Operation of a Single-Chip Scanning Probe Microscope, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 22, 2016, 372 - 373
- Chen, WT and Stewart, KME and Mansour, RR and Penlidis, A, Novel undercoupled radio-frequency (RF) resonant sensor for gaseous ethanol and interferents detection, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 230, 2015, 63 - 73