Graduate Program Administrator/Scholarship Coordinator
519-888-4567 ext. 42784
Due to the ongoing public health concerns, all academic advising is taking place via Microsoft Teams, by phone or over email. Please include your first and last name, and UWaterloo 8-digit student ID number in all email inquiries.
We are here to assist in making your university years as rewarding and uncomplicated as possible. If you have any questions and are not sure who to ask, start with the SERS Graduate Program Administrator!
We are available to assist you with:
- making decisions regarding your course selections
- general concerns about courses, academic difficulties
- academic rules and regulations
- course information and announcements
- administrative forms
- university regulations and procedures
- comprehensive examination, thesis defences, seminars and milestones
- switching to part-time, withdrawals or inactive terms
- funding related questions (GRA, GRS, and TA’s)
- scholarship competitions
Associate Director, Graduate Studies
519-888-4567, ext. 45795
- Advise prospective students about academic and research matters
- Advise current students about academic and research matters
- Engage with the Faculty and GSPA to develop and implement graduate program elements
- Chair SERS graduate committee (faculty and student representatives)
SERS Graduate Student Representatives
Our role is to represent the SERS graduate students at various faculty and departmental meetings.
We are responsible for communications between graduate students and staff, represent students at faculty meetings and provide feedback to students regarding executive decisions. We aim to creatively find ways that improve postgraduate student life from within the university and identifying gaps where students can benefit.
If you have any questions or you would like to bring a question/concern to the meetings please email us:
Mary Rosalind Snyder
MES Candidate, MRP+
For other resources, see student success and support.