In addition to the SERS Honours Plan requirements, the Honours Co-op Plan in SERS requires:
- 4 successful work term placements (5 are scheduled within the plan)
- 4 successful Professional Development (PD) course credits
- 4 successsful work term reports (where PD12 counts as work Report 1): See the SERS Work Report Guidelines for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Reports (PDF)
Co-op starts halfway through second year (after the 2A fall term). During 2A school term, students complete PD1: Career Fundamentals, a combination of career development advice and co-op work search process information which are to prepare for co-op. PD12: Reflection and Learning in the Workplace is completed during the first work term placement and is considered equivalent to the first work term report of four that are required.
This table shows the co-op sequence for SERS students:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|AC||AC||*||AC||WT 1||AC||WT 2||AC||WT 3||AC||WT 4||WT 5||AC||AC|
- F: fall term
- W: winter term
- S: spring term
- *: off term (no academic or work term)
- AC: academic term
- WT: work term
- WKRPT: course shown on record for work term report
Co-op work term report guidelines
This guideline apply only to reports submitted to SERS (second, third and fourth work term reports only):
Work term report submissions
- Your first work term report is part of PD1 and PD12 courses done prior to and during your first work term and is submitted and credited via Co-operative Education (CE). PD12 takes the place of your first work report submission during your first work term placement.
- Beginning with the second work term placement, a total of three work term reports are submitted to SERS using the LEARN drop box. Reports are due on the 10th day of classes in the term following the work term. If you need an extension for this submission, you must file a petition for extension and have it approved by the Associate Dean's Office. Contact Carol Knipe, firstname.lastname@example.org, in Environment 1 (EV1) room 336.
- Courses for work term reports are shown on student records for the work term, as WKRPT 200E, WKRPT 300E, and WKRPT 400E. Grades are applied to these courses and not submitting a report will result in a failing grade of 38%.