PD19: Tactics for Workplace Success and PD20: Strategies for Career Success are both required compulsory courses.
PD19: Tactics for Workplace Success
PD19: Tactics for Workplace Success provides an opportunity for students to kick-start their professional development. You'll learn:
- How to apply workplace success strategies, including setting workplace goals and conducting informational interviews.
- How to compare and contrast the roles and importance of technical and professional skills.
- How to understand strategies for addressing technical and professional challenges.
- How to reflect on your work term experience with the goal of improving future workplace success.
PD20: Strategies for Career Success
PD20: Strategies for Career Success expands on the content from PD19: Tactics for Workplace Success, leading students to move beyond a tactical approach to the development of their professional skills to one that is strategic. You'll learn:
- How to set goals to develop workplace competencies and professional attributes specific to engineering that you'll be expected to have for graduation.
- How critical thinking and communication skills are used to assess good reasoning, interpret textual and visual information, and work through ethical and professional situations.
- How to develop strategies for workplace success through self-reflection.
Note: Engineering students who started studying during the fall 2020 term or later complete PD19: Tactics for Workplace Success and PD20: Strategies for Career Success as their two compulsory courses.
Engineering students who started studying before the fall 2020 term complete PD20 and PD21: Engineering Workplace Skills II: Developing Effective Plans.