The Arts Computing Lab is located in East Campus Hall (ECH) 1205 with twenty-five iMac and Mac Pro computers, a data projectos with surround sound and a small Epson Scanner. Software includes Adobe Master Collection and the full Microsoft Office Suite. The lab can be booked by Fine Arts, English or Digital Arts Communication (DAC) instructors, and has 24-hour open access outside scheduled classes.
The Grad Computing Lab is located ECH 209 with three 4K iMacs and one 5K iMac (suitable for UHD video editing); all computers include the Adobe Master Collection.
In addition, the Digital Fabrication Lab in ECH 1101 is home to the:
- Large format printer (Epson Stylus Pro 9890)
- 3D printer—Makerbot Replicator 2X
- 3D scanner—MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
- Laser cutter—Epilog Laser Mini. (To use the Laser cutter please contact Adam Glover to book at time. Check the current booking schedule.)
- Large scanner—Epson Expression 11000XL
The large format digital printer costs $5.00 per square foot if students supply paper and $6.50 per square foot for use of in-house paper. A print monitor assists each student. Hours are posted on the door of ECH 1209. Students pay for costs in the tool crib.
There is no cost to print on our laser cutter. However students must sign-up on the schedule and adhere to our list of approved materials.
Use of equipment is arranged through the tool crib or with the assistance of a faculty member. The following list outlines what the department offers. Use of equipment is reserved for students registered in fine arts classes.
- 12 Canon Rebel T4i Digital Cameras
- 2 Canon Rebel T3i Digital Cameras
- 2 Canon Rebel T2i Digital Cameras
- 20 Flip Cameras
- EO C100 Mark II
- EF 40 mm (f/4.5-5.6 STM) Pancake lens
- EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Wide Angle lens
- Manfrotto monopod with video head
- GoPro Hero4 Silver Adventure Edition Camera
- Ronin-M Handheld Gimbal with Remote
- 10 Manfrotto tripods
- 12 Rode shotgun mics
- 3 DR-60 Tascam Recorders
- 4 DR-40 Tascam Recorders
- 6 DR-05 Tascam Recorders
- 1 Lav Mic
- 4 Epson HD Projectors
- 6 Wacom Tablets
- 2 lightweight video shoulder rigs
- Portable isolation booth with mic for vocal recording