Early August 2019:
CIHR's Online Application System is open
As soon as possible - September 19, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. (EST):
Applicants request official transcripts through the CIHR Doctoral Research Award - applicant transcript request form (webform) from all current and previous post-secondary institutions and upload electronic copies to their application.
Deadline for students to request their transcripts through Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) is Thursday, September 19 at 3:00 p.m. (EST).
September 19, 2019 – October 17, 2019:
Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) locates all requested transcripts using Waterloo’s online applicant system and merges all transcripts into one PDF document. This is then emailed to the applicant so that they may upload the transcripts to their application.
Note: Students are unable to submit their application until transcripts are uploaded.
October 17, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. (EST):
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION THROUGH CIHR online system PORTAL – Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered, even though the system may allow you to submit.
- Applicants are unable to submit their applications until they are complete (which includes CV, transcripts and references letters). Applicants must “submit” to complete the application process.
As soon as possible - October 18, 2019:
- GSPA saves each CIHR application to department folders in SharePoint.
- GSPA prepares spreadsheets for departments by end of day on October 18, 2019.
October 21 – October 30, 2019:
- Departments review and rank their applications in SharePoint.
- NOTE: GSPA will only be confirming eligibility for those applications recommended for endorsement by the university-wide scholarship selection committee.
- Departments complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by October 30, 2019.
October 30, 2019:
- Deadline for departments to upload their completed spreadsheets with rankings to SharePoint.
November 1 - 8, 2019:
- GSPA gives access to the institutional selection committee members in order to review the applications that will be discussed at the selection meeting on November 14, 2019.
- Selection committee members complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by November 8, 2019.
November 14, 2019:
- Institutional selection committee meeting to determine applicants selected for endorsement.
November 14 - 20, 2019:
- GSPA to confirm eligibility of endorsed applicants and notify applicants of corrections required.
November 20 - 21, 2019:
- GSPA to forward recommended applications to agency based on CIHR-assigned quota.
November 22 - December 2019:
- GSPA to notify department graduate co-ordinators and applicants of the application status.
- CIHR to release results to applicants and institutions. If an applicant’s contact information changes after submitting their application they must inform CIHR by sending an email to email@example.com no later than March 1, 2020.
August 2, 2019