Beginning of September 2019:
- Program details posted on tri-agency website and electronic application portal is activated
September - November 22, 2019:
- Early September, the CGS M application becomes LIVE on the Tri-Agency research portal.
- Students apply online using the agency’s electronic research portal.
- Applicants request official transcripts from all current and previous post-secondary institutions and upload electronic copies to their application.
- Deadline for students to request their Waterloo transcripts through Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) is Friday, November 22, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. (EST) by using the CGS M applicant transcript request web form.
December 1, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. (EST):
- Deadline for students to apply for CGS M using agency research portal. As this is a Sunday, applications must be submitted by the following Monday before 8:00 p.m. (EST).
December 3 - December 6, 2019:
- GSPA saves all applications and provides copies to proposed departments for review
- Departments review applications for eligibility and completeness.
December 9, 2019 – January 2, 2020:
- GSPA prepares spreadsheets for departments (which will include calculated averages for the last and previous years) by end of day on January 2.
January 3 - January 31, 2020:
- Departments continue reviewing their applications for eligibility and completeness and complete their spreadsheets.
- Departments will email their CGS M applicants to remind them to apply for graduate admission by February 1, 2020.
February 1, 2020:
- Deadline for students, who wish to be considered for a CGS M and who are applying to a new program at Waterloo, to submit their application for graduate admission.
February 3 - 14, 2020:
- Departments confirm whether CGS M applicants have completed an application for admission to a Waterloo graduate program admission.
- Departments conduct ranking meetings for applicants who are current Waterloo students or those who have applied for admission to a Waterloo graduate program by February 1, 2020.
- Departments save their finalized spreadsheets for GSPA use by February 14, 2020.
February 18 - February 21, 2020:
- GSPA prepares university-wide spreadsheets for institutional selection meeting
February 24 – March 5, 2020:
- Institutional selection committee members review applications and department rankings
March 5, 2020:
- Institutional selection committee members provide decisions regarding highly competitive applicants in preparation of institutional selection meetings
March 11 (afternoon only) - March 12, 2020:
- Institutional selection committee meetings (March 11 afternoon for NSERC; March 12 for CIHR and SSHRC) to determine awardee and reversion lists.
March 13 - March 31, 2020:
- GSPA to follow up with departments who have students with a pending admission decision.
- GSPA reviews the applications selected to be offered a Tri-Agency award to confirm eligibility.
- Before offering awards on April 1, GSPA will confirm admission status of students to be offered a CGS-M to ensure no offers are made to students who have been denied admission or withdrew their application for admission.
April 1, 2020:
- Results released to applicants and departments/Faculties
April 21, 2020:
- Deadline by which students must accept the Tri-Agency CGS-M offer
April 22, 2020 - until all awards distributed:
- Following the initial acceptance deadline, based on declined awards, GSPA may make additional offers.