In her role, Elena is responsible for overseeing several graduate scholarship competitions, including NSERC which supports high-calibre scholars engaged in graduate studies, and the International Experience Awards which provide funding to those who want to go abroad for various reasons. She also administers Waterloo's Graduate Needs Based Awards and assists students in navigating through their financial needs, awards and funding options.
Elena is a Waterloo alumnus who graduated with a bachelor's degree in Psychology with minors in English and Human Resources in 2004. The following year she began her career in the Registrar's Office at Waterloo and has been working in student financial aid and awards ever since!
In her spare time, Elena likes to actually print pictures from her phone and put them into photo albums so her family can enjoy them for years to come. She loves soup of all kinds and COFFEE!
Contact Elena for:
- NSERC (master's, doctoral)
- Convocation medals and awards (Governor General Gold Medal/Alumni Gold Medal, CAGS-DDA)
- Graduate Travel Awards (International Experience Awards, CGS-MSFSS)
- Waterloo Needs Based Awards
- Davis Memorial Scholarship in Ecology
- J. Alan George Leadership Award