Welcome to The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
Our team strives to create a safe, welcoming space for students, staff and faculty to discuss concerns and seek guidance.
- Having trouble with a class-mate? Connect with us.
- Worried about something your boss said or did? Connect with us.
- Have you experienced, or been impacted by, unwanted comments or contact of a sexual nature? Connect with us.
We also collaborate to improve our campus community with training and education, great events and awesome promotions.
- Have an idea about how to improve equity on campus? Let's chat.
- Want to get involved to create a safer, more inclusive campus? Let's chat.
Learn more about how we can help:
The University of Waterloo desires to create an environment that supports, nurtures, and rewards its members on the basis of such relevant factors as work performance and achievement. Discrimination and harassment are not conducive to this environment.
- June 4, 2019
Participants learn more about gender identity/expression, sexual identity, homophobia, heterosexism, bi-phobia, transphobia and how these intersect with other identities.
- June 19, 2019
The Equity Office and the Research, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council invite you to attend a unique opportunity to hear from UWaterloo women identified Deans and Senior Administrators, as they share details about their path to leadership, the ways they overcame barriers and what they wished they had known along the way.