We want to hear from you. Please send us your feedback!
Hear briefly from the Office of Academic Integrity about why you need to reference your sources. Then learn how to manage your references, create bibliographies, and format your papers in a variety of citation styles from a liaison librarian using RefWorks, a web-based citation software freely available to all UWaterloo students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
By the end of this workshop, you will
- know when to reference and why,
- create a RefWorks account,
- import references from databases, the library’s catalogue, and other sources,
- navigate RefWorks and edit your citations,
- create and format bibliographies in a variety of citation styles,
- identify options within RefWorks for reference sharing,
- be able to access your account and citations from anywhere,
- know where to find more information about references and academic integrity, and
- know how to paraphrase and summarise both accurately and appropriately.
Summarizing and paraphrasing your research material is essential to academic integrity. This collaborative effort between the Library and Writing Centre will teach you how to use RefWorks, a web-based citation and bibliography tool. Get started on your research and avoid plagiarism.
Register for this workshop.