Musagetes book items are available for students and researchers!
At this time, the service is available to current students and faculty only. Access is for Musagetes Library book and periodical stacks. Items located in Musagetes rare books and periodicals are not included in the book pick-up service, and are not accessible for consultation at this time.
Please note that there are two steps to follow: first, place your request through the webform; second, book a time for pick-up from the School of Architecture through MS Bookings.
For access to items in the Porter and Davis collections, please use https://uwaterloo.ca/library/print-pickup-at-porter.
How to place requests
- Search for the items you want in the UW Library catalogue.
- Confirm they are listed as 'Available' from the Musagetes Library
- Check that they are not available in the Hathi Trust ETAS service
- Copy the permalink for the item you want to borrow
- Note: At this time, there are no holds or recalls placed on items currently on loan, and the name release service is suspended.
- Request your available items through the webform located at https://uwaterloo.ca/library/musagetes/research-resources/musagetes-print-item-request
- You can delegate someone else to pick up your items.
- Requests close at 8:00AM each Wednesday morning for pick-up between 12:00 noon and 2:00PM on Thursday.
- You will receive two confirmation emails: one when you submit your webform request, and the second one the day before your scheduled pick-up. The second email will include a number from 1-12 used to identify your items for contactless pick up.
Pick-up procedures and times
- Sign up for a pick-up slot using the MS Bookings Calendar.
- Items will be signed out to the user ahead of time. If you miss the pick-up window, you can make an appointment during the next pick-up day.
- Bring your WatCard ID to pick up your items. If you’ve sent a delegate they should have some form of ID.
- Enter the School of Architecture from the front entrance on Melville St.; follow the physical distancing instructions as you enter.
- Wear a mask.
- Items will be set out in a pile for you on a table in the atrium, identified by the number in the email you received. If you have requested more items than you can carry, please bring a bag.
- Exit through the rear doors to the patio area.
Returning borrowed items
Library items can be returned to Musagetes Library on Thursdays. There are limited bins available each week, so please book a returns appointment and include an estimate of the number of items you plan to return.
- Sign up for a returns slot using the MS Bookings Calendar
- Bring your items to the Atrium in the School of Architecture. There will be empty bins for you placed next to the library pick-up table. Wear a mask.
- Books will remain on your library account for 1-2 weeks after you have physically returned them to the building.
- You may return books to Main Campus outdoor bins at any time: https://uwaterloo.ca/library/book-return-bins-campus