The Library is excited to welcome new and returning students to a fresh academic year. We’re here to be your partner in learning and research, from our variety of study spaces to our vast collection to our information navigation experts.
To help you get to know the library resources and services available to you as a Waterloo student, here are some of the key things you need to know:
- Your WatCard is your library card! Use it to access and borrow materials from the Library. You can also login online using your WatIAM credentials to check your library account.
- Access the Library from anywhere: Sign in online at the library’s website using your WatIAM to browse the library’s catalogue, Omni, to search available books, journals and more to support anywhere, anytime learning and research. New this term: two-factor (Duo) authentication is required to access online resources.
- Have questions? Ask us! If you’re new to navigating a research library and not sure where to start or have a question about specific resources or services, library staff are available to answer your questions in a variety of ways this term: chat, email, text, and in person.
- Subject specific support: If you’re looking for help researching a subject specific to your field of study, the Library has research guides to help you and we have subject librarians available for help finding resources, developing research strategies, and feedback on the use of resources.
- Get to know the Library website: There are many resources accessible from our website beyond our book and journal collections, from a variety of databases to our online tutorials to our Special Collections & Archives. Get to know what’s available from our website to help you in your learning and research.
Good luck this fall term!