Library patrons have the following borrowing privileges:
- Borrow material from 14 Ontario university libraries using the new easy-to-use academic search tool Omni.
- Request books from University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph, and the Annex.
- Renew borrowed books indefinitely as long as no one else has requested them. Please note that all borrowers are guaranteed a loan period of 7 days, after which items are subject to recall by other borrowers.
Students, Faculty, Staff, and Retirees
- may borrow up to 500 item in total with loan periods of:
- 120 days for books from University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph, and the Annex
- 6 weeks for books from other Omni Libraries.
- may borrow journals for two weeks.
- have access to licensed electronic resources.
- borrow two course reserves items at a time for one hour, three hours, one day, or three days.
- use interlibrary loans (ILL) to request materials from another library free of charge.
Library privileges for students on parental leave can be extended for up to 5 terms past last registration providing the student is planning to return. Students planning on going on parental leave must email us to request this extension.
- may borrow up to 20 books with loan period of 120 days from University of Waterloo and the Annex
- access to specific electronic resources for personal, non-commercial use.
Community borrowers may borrow up to 20 books with loan period of 120 days for books from University of Waterloo and the Annex.