Professor Khamesee is involved in conference program committees, has organized several sessions at international conferences, and is a technical reviewer for several prestigious journals.
Contributions to professional societies:
Patents and publications
List of publications on Google Scholar
- Mir Behrad Khamesee and Moein Mehrtash, "Method for providing force information in a magnetic field environment using remote measurement of flux", United States Patent: US9689934B2, June 27, 2017.
- Book chapter Xiaodong Zhang and Mir Behrad Khamesee, "Chapter 27: Magnetically-driven microrobotics for micromanipulation and biomedical applications”, Advanced Mechatronics and MEMS Devices - II by Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-32178-3, 2016, pp. 603-635.
Sample journal papers
- P. Kumar, Y. Huang, E. Toyserkani and M. B. Khamesee, "Development of a Magnetic Levitation System for Additive Manufacturing: Simulation Analyses," in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1-7, Aug. 2020.
- X. Zhang and M. B. Khamesee, "Automatic Pick-and-Place Using a Magnetically Navigated Microrobot and a Motorized Micromanipulator," Microsystem Technologies, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1733–1744, Dec. 2019.
- H. Askari, E. Hashemi, A. Khajepour, M. B. Khamesee, and Z. L. Wang, "Tire Condition Monitoring and Intelligent Tires Using Nanogenerators Based on Piezoelectric, Electromagnetic, and Triboelectric Effects," Advanced Materials Technologies, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1800105, Aug. 2018.
- X. Zhang and M. B. Khamesee, "Adaptive Force Tracking Control of a Magnetically Navigated Microrobot in Uncertain Environment," in IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1644-1651, Aug. 2017.
- T. Al-Dulaimi and M. B. Khamesee, "A Stationary Apparatus of Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Using a Rotating Magnetic Field," Microsystem Technologies, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 5185–5191, Dec. 2016.
- M. A. Mashagbeh, T. Al-Dulaimi, and M. B. Khamesee, "Design and Optimization of a Novel Magnetically-Actuated Micromanipulator," Microsystem Technologies, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 3589–3600, Oct. 2016.
- X. Zhang, M. Mehrtash, and M. B. Khamesee, "Dual-Axial Motion Control of a Magnetic Levitation System Using Hall-Effect Sensors," in IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 1129-1139, April 2016.
- E. Asadi, R. Ribeiro, M. B. Khamesee, and A. Khajepour, "A New Adaptive Hybrid Electromagnetic Damper: Modelling, Optimization, and Experiment," Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 075003, May 2015.
- P. Patel and M. B. Khamesee, "Electromagnetic Micro Energy Harvester for Human Locomotion," Microsystem Technologies, vol. 19, no. 9-10, pp. 1357–1363, Jun. 2013.
- M. Mehrtash, M. B. Khamesee, S. Tarao, N. Tsuda, and J.-Y. Chang, "Human-Assisted Virtual Reality for a Magnetic-Haptic Micromanipulation Platform," Microsystem Technologies, vol. 18, no. 9-10, pp. 1407–1415, Jun. 2012.
Sample conference proceedings
- M. A. Mashagbeh, T. Al-Dulaimi, and M. B. Khamesee, " Design procedures in the development of an electromagnetic manipulator," Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED17), Vol. 4: Design Methods and Tools, Vancouver, Canada, August 21-25, 2017.
- T. Al-Dulaimi and M. B. Khamesee. "Formation and control of a rotating magnetic field in magnetic abrasive finishing," Proceedings of the ASME 2016 Conference on Information Storage and Processing Systems. Santa Clara, California, USA, June 20–21, 2016.
- M. A. Mashagbeh and M. B. Khamesee, "Modeling and simulation of an industrial SCARA robot: Performance evaluation prior to real-world task." Proceedings of the ASME 2014 Conference on Information Storage and Processing Systems. Santa Clara, California, USA. June 23–24, 2014.
- S. Tarao, M. Mehrtash, N. Tsuda and M. B. Khamesee, "Motion simulator for coarse and fine motion of combination of a magnetically levitated micro robot and an industrial macro robot," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Takamatsu, Japan, August 4-7, 2013.
- M. Mehrtash, N. Tsuda, T. Nobori, and M. B. Khamesee, "Position control of a magnetically levitated robot based on magnetic flux Measurement." Proceedings of the ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. Volume 7: Dynamic Systems and Control; Mechatronics and Intelligent Machines, Parts A and B. Denver, Colorado, USA. November 11–17, 2011.