Areas of interest
Philosophy of Mind, Theoretical Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Philosophy of Science
Chris Eliasmith, Terrence C. Stewart, Xuan Choo, Trevor Bekolay, Travis DeWolf, Yichuan Tang, and Daniel Rasmussen. A large-scale model of the functioning brain. Science, 338:1202-1205, 2012.
Chris Eliasmith. Moving beyond metaphors: understanding the mind for what it is. Journal of Philosophy, 100:493-520, 2003. Reprinted in Brooks and Akins (eds). Cognition and the Brain. 2005. Cambridge University Press. p.131-159.
Chris Eliasmith. How to build a brain: A neural architecture for biological cognition. Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2013.
Selected grants, fellowships, and awards
- NSERC Polanyi Prize, 2015
- Fellow of the Cognitive Science Society
- Royal Society of Canada, College of New Scholars
- Eric Hochstein (MA/PhD; Philosophy of Science)
- Pete Blouw (MA/PhD; Philosophy of Mind)
- Anatoly Zhitnik (MA; Philosophy of Mind)
- Director of the Centre for Theoretical Neuroscience
- Jointly appointed to Systems Design Engineering
- Cross-appointed to Computer Science