PD3: Communication focuses on the nature and function of communication in the workplace. The style and medium of communication used on the job can change quickly as coworkers move between casual conversations, email threads, and formal meetings in the space of just a few minutes. What does it mean to be a great communicator in each of those arenas? Students who take PD3 are better equipped to answer that question.
What do PD3 students do?
- Practice effective ways to communicate in complex situations at various levels of workplace hierarchy
- Learn to adapt communication methods based on the audience and purpose of the message
- Cultivate skills for creating and giving presentations, leading meetings, and resolving conflict
- "It was a good course. Thank you for helping improve my communication skills in the workplace."
- "Some of the main strengths of the course are that it helps me to understand my own communication strength and weakness... Moreover, it taught me to be more conscious about the ethos when communicating with others which is very important in the workplace."
Students need to earn a grade of 50% to pass PD3.
If you have a question about grading in PD3, contact the course team using the information in the sidebar.