What do I need to know about submitting amendments on an approved application?
- Be sure to review the training guide on Amending an application as the process is different from the previous system
- Be sure to follow the instructions on How to submit an amendment on an imported record if you are submitting a changes on an application that was migrated from the old system to the new system
- When revising an imported record, you are only required to update sections of the application that have changed. You should not be updating the entire application. For example, if you are only adding a new participant group, you would describe these details within the ‘Participant’ section and upload the new version of the Information Letter for this group to the ‘Consent and Withdrawal’ section.
How do permissions work?
- In the 'People' section, be sure to complete the permission level for each person listed on the application by checking the access level you want to give to each member of the research team
- Giving “full access” allows an individual to fill out sections of the application, create future amendments and/or annual renewals/closure requests
Follow the instructions on Adding additional people to the application
How do I print or create a PDF to share with others?
- Follow the instructions on Viewing the full application to print the application
- Once saved to your desktop, you will be able to create a PDF
How do I view the status of an application and its renewal date?
- For each application you have in the system the “Status” of the application can be found in the top panel
- “Renewal Date” for the application can be found in the top panel on the approved version (see below)
- Follow the instructions in the attached document on how to add the column “Renewal Date” to your Protocols view
How do I add a non-Waterloo person to the application?
Send an email to Research Ethics to request a WatIAM account for your non-Waterloo collaborator
Once the account is active your non-Waterloo collaborator can be added to an on-going application or they can login to the system with their WatIAM account and initiate their own application