The Office of Research supports Researchers at the University of Waterloo to collaborate with industry, non-profit and public sector partners in many different ways, leading to innovative ideas, knowledge, processes, data, designs, plans, and training. Benefits for Researchers engaging in these partnerships include multi-dimensional research with multifaceted partners that can collectively address a complex societal problem, question, policy, or need. The Office of Research can also assist researchers interested in applying for Tri-Agency (CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC) programs that require partnerships.
When organizations engage Waterloo in collaborative research, they:
- Increase innovation potential, identifying and exploiting new technologies
- Access state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment in a cost effective manner
- Leverage their research budgets with Canada’s generous matching programs
- Expand their network of subject matter experts
- Recruit fresh talent
- Receive expert advice on how to approach a specific challenge
- Contribute to and benefit from evidence-based research that can address organizational mandates and priorities
For more information about collaborative research, identifying expertise, funding/leveraging opportunities, and partnership structures, contact a Manager of Corporate Research Partnerships or contact a Manager, Non-Profit/Public Sector Partnerships.