For University announcements and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Information website.
What’s happening with the WCMS?
WCMS 3.0 update
Check out the updated project timeline to follow all of the WCMS 3 updates!
- Information regarding the migration process, as well as some migration FAQs, can be found on the Building the Next WCMS website. A list of the functionality from standard WCMS 2 "FDSU" sites that will and won't ship with the June 29 initial release of WCMS 3 is also listed.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) service offered by the Training and Support team will end on April 23, 2021. Basic web accessibility information can be found on the Web Resources site.
- The next WCMS 3 working session is tentatively scheduled for April 27. If this date is revised, we will let everyone know.
WCMS 3 Fundamentals – preliminary training plan
A self-directed online course that will introduce new WCMS users to the main components of the new platform. This training will be mandatory for all new and existing WCMS users.
- Single course available on LEARN
- Self-lead, and will retain current registration process
- Mandatory for new and existing WCMS users
- Divided into four to five sections, such as:
- Web form
- A quiz will be presented at the end of each section. User must score 100% to move on to the next section.
- A final quiz will be presented at the end of the course. User must score 100% to complete the training and have a record of completion recorded in Workday.
- A recorded version of the training course will also be made available in lieu of in-class teaching.
WCMS course offerings
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support.
Who’s new to the WCMS…
12 more sites have launched in the Waterloo Content Management System (WCMS) since our last update.
- AI for Manufacturing
- Applied Sustainability Projects
- Centre for Advanced Photovoltaic and Display Systems (CAPDS)
- CERC in Human-Centred Robotics and Machine Intelligence
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Information Technology
- Employee Recognition (Single page)
- Health Hub (Publication)
- Library Annual Report (Single page)
- Orthopaedic Mechatronics Laboratory
- Pan-Lab: an Interdisciplinary Kitchen for Fluid Physics
- Quantum-Nano Fabrication and Characterization Facility
- Waterloo Analytics and Optimization Lab (WANOPT)
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: