The Peer Mentorship Transition Program offers a flexible mentoring environment that fits the needs and strength of all participants. Participants will have a few options available to select that fits within their schedule and individual strengths. Mentors can either be assigned to meet with a mentee in-person, or be a part of our online discussion board. Participants will also be fully supported in their mentoring relationships through open collaboration and communication between the Student Services Coordinator throughout the term.
Interested in becoming a peer mentor?
We're looking for students who currently registered with our office and who are interested in sharing their experience and knowledge of campus to help students who are new to AccessAbility Services. Through sharing your firsthand knowledge of how to navigate post-secondary education with a disability, you can contribute to the successful transition for others who are unfamiliar with the services and supports that are available to them.
Requirements for Mentors:
- Commit to 1 academic year (e.g., fall term and winter term)
- Have completed at least 1 full term of study
- Complete the “Foundational Training Program for Peer Leaders” facilitated by the Student Success Office. In order to complete the training, students must first register for an in-person workshop date and they will be automatically enrolled into the online Learn course. Students will need to complete the online content at least 2 weekdays prior to the scheduled in-person workshop. The link to the training registration can be found at this website under events/ Student Success Office: https://leads.uwaterloo.ca
- Complete the online application below
- Attend an interview with the Student Services Coordinator