The University of Waterloo is now accepting applications for the PhD in Entrepreneurship and Organization program.
The application deadline is February 1. There is only 1 intake per year in September.
1. Minimum 75% overall standing in a previous graduate degree
- Applicants will ideally hold a graduate degree in Business, Management, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, or a related social science discipline, and must have a minimum overall average of 75%, or equivalent, in the previous degree. The graduate degree can be a one- or two-year program.
- Those with more technical degrees (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics) may also be considered where there is clear evidence of interest in the application of those fields to human behaviour and choice in organizational or entrepreneurial settings. Applicants should highlight any prior research or research assistantship experience in their applications.
- In exceptional cases, where a student has performed extremely well in a 4-year honours undergraduate degree in one of the domains listed above, and excelled in a scholarly research project, applicants can gain direct admission to the PhD program with the agreement of the Committee, Associate Director, Research and Doctoral Studies, and the Director of the Conrad School.
2. GMAT or GRE
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results are required for both domestic and international applicants to the PhD program. Applicants should have written these tests within the past five years.
3. Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
The SIF should include:
- Your goals for studying the PhD in Entrepreneurship and Organization
- Topics of research interest, connecting the area of interest to the program
- Relevant research experience including lessons learned, previous academic work, and other relevant educational and life experiences
- List of scholarships, prizes, honours, or other recognitions earned
- Title(s) of any publication(s), major paper(s), or thesis of which you are an author or co-author (if published, give citation)
- Three references are required; at least two should be academic references and one can be professional.
5. English Language Proficiency (ELP), if applicable
- TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), or
- IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
Before applying, it is important to ensure that you have all of your required application documents prepared and ready-to-go. You will need your:
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Supplementary information form (SIF)
Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable