We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
Friday, January 18, 2019
2018 was a monumental year for the Conrad School, our students and alumni. Here are some highlights of the past year.
- Our year started out with the Hult Prize campus director, and BET 420 student, Pragya Dawadi, named as Top 20 Campus Director out of 100 worldwide announced in February. Her dedication helped take our events to the next level in the past fall.
- MBET alumni, Richard Yim, celebrated another milestone for his start-up, Demine Robotics. In March, they held their grand opening for their Phnom Penh engineering office in Cambodia.
- In February, Enterprise Co-op program coordinator and lecturer, Wayne Chang, was honoured with one of four University of Waterloo Distinguished Teacher Awards. He has also been recognized for teaching excellence from the Dean of Engineering and received the Outstanding Performance Award in 2014. Read more.
- We appointed two new faculty members, Janet Boekhorst, as assistant professor, and Chris Holt, as lecturer who joined us in July and September respectively. Janet teaches BET 340 - Essentials of Entrepreneurial Planning and Execution and BET 450 – Leadership. Chris teaches MBET Corporate Commercialization Practicum and Certified Management Consulting (CMC) courses. Read more.
- In early June, the University of Waterloo’s Board of Governors officially changed the Conrad Centre to the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business. Read more.
- At the end of August, we moved from the Accelerator building to the newest engineering building on the University of Waterloo campus, Engineering 7 (E7). In October, hundreds of people gathered to celebrate its official grand E7 opening. Read more
- In October, we had the pleasure of watching the Master of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Technology (MBET) class of 2018 walk across the stage at convocation. These 46 MBET students made up our 15th graduating MBET class and we are beyond excited to see what the future holds for them.
- At the end of November, The Hult Prize at University of Waterloo finals took place where students pitched solutions for youth unemployment. The grand prize includes a plethora of career, impactful, and experiential incentives.