Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
The Farvolden Lecture Series, hosted by the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, was initiated in 1996 as an annual celebration in honour of Dr. Robert N. Farvolden (photo). The Lecture Series fosters interaction and communication between the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, the alumni of the hydrogeology program and the groundwater community at large.
2020 FARVOLDEN LECTURE
Dr. Thomas Harter
Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
University of California Davis
"Nonpoint source pollution in agricultural landscapes: Assessment, monitoring, regulation, and management"
Click Farvolden Poster for details.
The 2020 Farvolden Lecture was held on Thursday, November 19, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. via ZOOM.
Past Farvolden Lecturers
- Ian Clark, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Ottawa (2019)
- Ed Sudicky, Earth and Environmental Sciences (2018)
- Cathryn Ryan, Geoscience, University of Calgary (2017)
- Roger Woeller, Chief Executive Officer, BluMetric Environmental (2016)
- David Rudolph, Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo (2015)
- Peter Fritz, Scientific and Founding Director of Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Leipzig, Germany (2014)
- Jim F. Barker, Professor Emeritus Earth and Environmental Sciences University of Waterloo (2013)
- Andre Beland, Vice-President of Engineering and Construction (Retired) SNC-Lavalin Inc., Libya (2012)
- Robert W. Gillham, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Waterloo Executive Director, Water Institute University of Waterloo (2011)
- Anthony D. Daus, AMEC Geomatrix, Newport Beach, CA (2010)
- John A. Cherry, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Waterloo Adjunct Professor, University of Guelph (2009)
- Richard (Dick) Jackson, Intera Engineering, Heidelberg, ON (2008)
- John (Jack) Sharp, Department of Geological Sciences University of Texas at Austin (2007)
- Garth van der Kamp, Environment Canada (2006)
- Geog Teutsch Helmholtz, Helmholtz Centre For Environmental Research, Leipzig, Germany (2005)
- John Bredehoeft, The Hydrodynamics Group, Sausalito, CA (2004)
- Mary Anderson, Emeritus Professor Department of Geoscience University of Wisconsin-Madison (2003)
- Leonard Konikow, US Geological Survey, Reston, VA (2002)