Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
The Farvolden Lecture Series, hosted by the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, was initiated in 1996 as an annual celebration in honour of Dr. Robert N. Farvolden (photo). The Lecture Series fosters interaction and communication between the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, the alumni of the hydrogeology program and the groundwater community at large.
2018 Farvolden Lecture
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 1:30 pm in the Humanities Theatre, Hagey Hall, University of Waterloo
Dr. Ed Sudicky, Professor Emeritus
Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo
Integrated 3D Surface-Subsurface Hydrosystem Modeling Across Scales: Past, Present and Future
A reception in STC 1001 Main Commons follows the Lecture. Come meet with alumni and friends!
2018 Farvolden Morning Activities
A “speed dating” style Mentorship and Networking period for sponsors/potential employers and students to get to know one another and discuss the research further. It is a great opportunity to learn about current research topics and to meet our present graduate student cohort. A light pizza lunch will be provided to all participants.
Make it a weekend event! There are several events happening on the Friday and Saturday.
Past Farvolden Lecturers
- Cathryn Ryan, Geoscience, University of Calgary
- Roger Woeller MSc, P.Geo, Chief Executive Officer, BluMetric Environmental
- David Rudolph, Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo (2015)
- Peter Fritz, Scientific and Founding Director of Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Leipzig, Germany (2014)
- Jim F. Barker, Professor Emeritus Earth and Environmental Sciences University of Waterloo (2013)
- Andre Beland, Vice-President of Engineering and Construction (Retired) SNC-Lavalin Inc., Libya (2012)
- Robert W. Gillham, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Waterloo Executive Director, Water Institute University of Waterloo (2011)
- Anthony D. Daus, AMEC Geomatrix, Newport Beach, CA (2010)
- John A. Cherry, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Waterloo Adjunct Professor, University of Guelph (2009)
- Richard (Dick) Jackson, Intera Engineering, Heidelberg, ON (2008)
- John (Jack) Sharp, Department of Geological Sciences University of Texas at Austin (2007)
- Garth van der Kamp, Environment Canada (2006)
- Geog Teutsch Helmholtz, Helmholtz Centre For Environmental Research, Leipzig, Germany (2005)
- John Bredehoeft, The Hydrodynamics Group, Sausalito, CA (2004)
- Mary Anderson, Emeritus Professor Department of Geoscience University of Wisconsin-Madison (2003)
- Leonard Konikow, US Geological Survey, Reston, VA (2002)