Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
All programs in the Department of Earth and Environmental Science have an available co-op option. The first work term will be in the winter of second year (after your 2A term). The typical sequence is as follows:
Fall - 1A
Winter - 1B
Fall - 2A
Spring - 2B
Winter - 3A
Fall - 3B
Fall - 4A
Winter - 4B
* Co-op 4 and 5 can be completed by one eight month placement or two four month placements.
- A total of four PD courses are required to graduate with the co-op distinction.
- PD 1 is completed during your 2A term (before your first co-op term). In this course you will learn how to make a resume, the job application process, interview tips, and more.
- PD 11 is completed during your first co-op term. In this course you will learn how to write and submit a work term report.
- The remaining two PD courses will be taken during subsequent co-op terms. PD course options can be viewed in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Work term reports
- Three work term reports must be completed to graduate with the co-op distinction.
- Your first work term report will be completed as part of PD 11.
- All Honours Earth and Environmental Sciences Co-op are required to submit 2nd, 3rd work term reports.
- Your subsequent work term reports must be submitted to Luke Balch 5 days after the start of classes in the term following your work term placement. Please submit hard copies of the work report to the Earth and Environmental Science office.
- Your work term report must follow the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department Work Term Report Guidelines.