Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
All programs in the Department of Earth and Environmental Science have an available co-op option. The first work term will be in the winter of second year (after your 2A term). The typical sequence is as follows:
Fall - 1A
Winter - 1B
Fall - 2A
Spring - 2B
Winter - 3A
Fall - 3B
Fall - 4A
Winter - 4B
* Co-op 4 and 5 can be completed by one eight month placement or two four month placements.
- A total of four PD courses are required to graduate with the co-op distinction.
- PD 1 is completed during your 2A term (before your first co-op term). In this course you will learn how to make a resume, the job application process, interview tips, and more.
- PD 11 is completed during your first co-op term. In this course you will learn how to write and submit a work term report.
- The remaining two PD courses will be taken during subsequent co-op terms. PD course options can be viewed in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Work term reports
- Four work term reports must be completed to graduate with the co-op distinction.
- Your first work term report will be completed as part of PD 11.
- All Honours Earth and Environmental Sciences Co-op are required to submit 2nd, 3rd and 4th work term reports.
- Your subsequent work term reports must be submitted to Luke Balch ten days after the start of classes in the term following your work term placement. Please submit hard copies of the work report to the Earth and Environmental Science office.
- Your work term report must follow the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department Work Term Report Guidelines. Your report will be evaluated with the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department Work Term Report Rubric (PDF).