Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
The best way to start feeling at home in the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department is to get involved! There are great ways to get to know your fellow classmates, faculty members and graduate students.
Clubs and organizations
- WATROX (the Earth and Environmental Sciences Undergraduate Society)
- Attend or organize student run events, social activities, and field trips.
- To become a member, visit the WATROX Facebook page.
- Science Ambassador
- Represent Earth and Environmental Science by leading tours, talking to prospective students, and more.
- Visit the Science Ambassador page to learn how to apply.
- Earth Science Museum, located in the Centre for Environmental and Technology (EIT).
- Volunteer to give museum tours, help at open houses, and at events both on and off campus.
- Contact Corina McDonald for more information.
- Waterloo Science Endowment Fund (WatSEF).
- Become a representative to help inform other students about WatSEF and how to vote for what equipment is bought with each years funds.
- Apply on the WatSEF webpage.
- Let's Talk Science
- Volunteer at elementary and high schools to deliver curriculum based programing for students.
- Email Heather Neufeld for more information.
- Logan Day (September): Join us for the annual WATROX BBQ, games and social.
- Farvolden Lecture (October).
- University of Waterloo Gem and Mineral Show and Science Open House (November).
- Darcy Lecture (March).
- Adrian Smith Lecture (March).
- Waterloo-Wellington Children's Groundwater Festival (May): Please contact the Earth Science Museum for volunteer opportunities.