A limited number of awards are available each academic term to support doctoral students who are within the last two terms of completing their program (term of award plus one additional term). These awards are made possible with funds provided by the Vice-President, Academic and Provost and Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) and are intended to assist highly qualified, full-time doctoral students to complete their thesis writing and defence. This is a one-term award valued at $5,000.
- doctoral students (active in a PhD program)
- enrolled full time
- in good academic standing
- recipients must defend and submit the final version of their thesis within two terms of application
- during the term in which the award is paid, it is to be used in lieu of a Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistantship; however a student may hold a Research Studentship
- recipients must not hold full-time or part-time employment during the term in which they receive this award
- recipients must not hold any external awards during the term in which they receive this award