Engineering Dean's Entrance Awards, valued at $5,000, are available to students applying for admission to a master's (MASc) or doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo. Students must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada and be registered full time in their graduate program in order to receive the scholarship. A specific award application is not required. The Faculty of Engineering will automatically consider applicants to the program based on the evaluation criteria of the award on the basis of information provided in the student's application for admission. Selection will be made as offers of admission are made throughout the year.
Paid out over the first three terms of full-time enrolment in their graduate program.
• Students must be admitted to a MASc or PhD program for entrance in Spring 2018 or later.
• Students must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident as of program registration.
• Students applying for admission to an MASc program in Engineering must have a minimum average of 85% in the last 20 completed courses/two years from a Canadian institution.
• Students applying for admission to a doctoral program in Engineering must have a minimum of 85% in the last 20 completed courses/two years or overall in their last completed degree program. Students transferring into the PhD3 from the MASc are still eligible, but also require 85% in their previous program OR 85% in their first four (0.5 credit) courses at Waterloo if they don't have 85% in their last program.
• Female recipients of the PDEAW cannot be considered for the DEA.
• Must be registered full-time during the term in which the award is held.
• Students holding a major ($15K+/yr) external international scholarship or sponsorship (e.g. Saudi, CONACyT) are not eligible.
• Selection will be made automatically based on the student's application for admission to the master's (MASc) or doctoral program by Engineering Graduate Studies office in collaboration with Departments.
Notes on other funding:
This award may be held in conjunction with Engineering Excellence Fellowships, Advanced Manufacturing Fellowships, other internal (Waterloo) awards, Tri-Agency Scholarships (including Vanier), MITACS, and OGS/QEII-GSST scholarships.
Please contact your Faculty of Engineering Department/program Graduate Co-ordinator for further information regarding this award.