An award, valued up to $6,000 will be awarded annually to a graduate student registered full time in a Master’s or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering. Students must be in good academic standing with demonstrated financial need as determined by the University of Waterloo. To be considered, students must complete the Graduate Student Award Application available from the Graduate Studies Forms website and demonstrate their cultural contributions to the Indian community. This fund is made possible by a donation from Professor Hira Ahuja, a Waterloo Engineering alumnus to encourage students to pursue graduate studies.
The value and/or number of Awards may change from year to year.
- Must be a full time master's or doctoral student in the Faculty of Engineering in good academic standing.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, as well as an Ontario resident (must have resided in Ontario for 12 months prior to beginning their post - secondary education).
- Must apply to OSAP for the term in which the award is due and provide a printout (screenshot) of their OSAP Funding Summary. Note: If a student has been restricted from applying to OSAP then they must instead provide proof that they are restricted.
- Must have demonstrated financial need. From their budget, within the Graduate Student Award application, their “Current term expenses” must exceed their “Current term income”. All amounts entered will be reviewed and only standard expenses will be allowed.
- Must demonstrate their cultural contribution to the Indian community in the personal letter portion of their application.
- Graduate Award Application
- Complete the Graduate Student Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below