This resource section is a non-exhaustive list of resources for Waterloo’s campus community and beyond.
If you have suggestions about resources we ought to include in this section, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate you seeking out tools to strengthen your learning, and any suggestions to grow this list.
A good place to get started, is with the Did You Know? learning section. Did You Know? is a series of social media posts that aim to educate the Waterloo community on a variety of topics pertaining to Indigenous histories, cultures, governing bodies, lived realities, statistics, and more. We store past posts below; please share them widely!
New Did You Know posts are featured through our social media channels, so follow us to stay connected! We are @uwaterlooHREI across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Signing up for our seasonal newsletter as another important way to stay connected.
Did You Know?
- Did You Know? The Haldimand Treaty of 1784 (pdf)
- Did You Know? Treaty Rights and Responsibilities (pdf)
- Did You Know? Indian Hospitals in Canada 1920s-1980s (pdf)
- Did You Know? The Métis National Council (pdf)
- Did You Know? Residential Schools 1920s - 1990s (pdf)
- Did You Know? The Inuit Taipiriit Kanatami (pdf)
- Did You Know? The Truth about Taxes (pdf)
- Did You Know? Jordan's Principle (pdf)
- Did You Know? The Assembly of First Nations (pdf)
- Did You Know? Malnutrition Experiments on Indigenous Populations in Canada 1940s-1950s (pdf)
- Did You Know? Iroquoian Longhouse (pdf)